Search This Blog

Thursday 8 November 2012

Cartoon Takes a.k.a An Excuse for Killing Cubey

Hi, been busy doing research for the storyboard task so haven't been as loyal to the blog as I'd like. Also, been listening to the 3rd years pitching ideas and trying to summarise the information I got from their feedback:
- Be aware of the time it takes to tell a story. The story could be amazing, but you can't get many emotional transitions into the plot in just 3 minutes or so.
- Think of how the story is structured. Will an audience get the meaning through what you plan on showing them?

And so! Cartoon takes, in which a character looks at something, absorbs the information, then promptly freaks out. In this case, Cubeys friend from my previous animation was out for revenge, so dressed up as a monster to scare Cubey, only Cubey seems to have been scared to death......

I love this reaction as I've only ever seen it a few times and it is a humourous method recognised globally as 'this character is scared'. Only I decided to cut the animation short of Cubeys ghost returning to his little body....


No comments:

Post a Comment