Search This Blog

Sunday 14 October 2012

2D Bouncing Balls

Another bouncing ball assignment, only this time in 2D using the line tester. My main concern was trying to get the timing right. I skyped home and asked my sister if she could time a tennis ball (I didn't know anyone with a football) dropping onto grass (3/4's or so of a second), then I dropped a large marble onto grass on campus and tried to time it. The 'bowling ball' dropped within about half a second and pretty much just rolled rather than bouncing.

I used the blue pencil and it seemed pretty good when I scanned it into the line tester, however looking back at this video the shapes are difficult to see even in fullscreen, so next time I'll stick to using blue pencil for the initial drawing, but then I'll go over the final drawing with a HB pencil. If that doesn't turn out any better for the next animation, I'll then try using biro.

No comments:

Post a Comment