Search This Blog

Monday 6 May 2013

Interior Background

FINALLY managed to get the interior background done. Well, not as done done as I'd like it done but close enough done to be considered done..... yeah.

Back to sanity, I have scanned in my background sketch for the interior background, which is in fact part of a pan shot, and traced it using a specific paint brush tool (size 3, I kept track of which brush types and sizes this time). I traced each specific 'layer' on an individual layer, such as the foreground, the chair, the desk, and the back wall.



 
 With the bare bones laid down, I added the wood detail using a different brush (size 1). With that done, I blocked in the colours for each section on their own individual layers (there ended up being about four layers to each of the main background segments), then added shading on yet another layer (to show shadow and light).
 
Wood detail, and colour blocking/blending has begun

Colour blocking and blending done

There was -lots- of 'smudging' involved. Well...Photoshops version of smudging at least. It took a lot of time carefully laying down various colours of similar shades so that they could 'blend' enough to be at least reasonably plausible.

Done!
 Overall, pretty pleased with myself. I made a good effort at the lighting (candles are evil) and the right kind of colours (also, evil). Took far far far longer than I'd expected it to, would take even longer, but other projects to do so, priorities and all that. Still! I'm proud of how it looks!

1 comment: