Search This Blog

Sunday 21 April 2013

The doodles.

I'm not quite sure what happens, during lectures while the main part of my brain is paying attention, the rest of it seems determined to scrawl as many random things onto my notes as physically possible. Not that I complain, its pretty good inspiration most of the time, and I can safely say I know which notes were taken during which lectures by the doodles that keep the notes company.

Me vs Pacman

It does make me worry about what goes on in this brain of mine, but at least it tends to stick with a theme.

In this one, for some reason I've entered a staring competition with pacman....who's looking really ticked off. No idea what I did to annoy him that much, but seems its come to a standstill.

Tetris Takedown





In this one, I appear to be challenging a tetris block to a sort of kung fu ninja fight. Luckily the tetris block seems somewhat confused and not retaliated. I fear doodle-me is not as skilled as she thinks.
(And below that is a series of small images trying to figure out facial expressions. Even my subconscious gets distracted sometimes.)
Pong takes revenge





 Finally, doodle-me has met her match. Never mess with Pong paddles. They don't take kindly to their games being interrupted......

Now, I don't know how all this quite relates to the lecture on getting into the industry (which I was paying attention to, and frankly, the video interviews we were shown seemed pretty 'happy-go-lucky', and all that was determined was 1/3 of the group wants to do pre-production, 1/3 wants to do post-production, and the last 1/3 has no clue), but it may be my repressed self demanding I go see Wreck-It Ralph.

I didn't. Instead I went and saw the Croods, which is a truly brilliant film. It's not much in the way of a solid three part storyline structure, it does have a structure, but most of it rolls together in a way where you're constantly paying full attention to the screen and is full of emotion. The story seems to centre primarily on the bond between a teenage daughter and in particular, her father. At these points I'll admit I did almost start tearing up, so if you have daddy issues, bring tissues, but it was totally worth watching the whole film from start to finish. I also loved how there was a 2D animation introduction which, well, introduced the main characters and their situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment