Search This Blog

Thursday 10 October 2013

Back in Action!

I'm back! Summer consisted of relocating all my worldly possessions from home to another place. Moving is evil. And tedious, and mind numbing... did I mention evil?

Anyway, term is in full swing and I've already got myself stuck in. I have a deviantart page up and running (yay) which I'm gonna do my best to keep up to date. It won't have just sketches or animatic shots though, I'll be posting all my other arts and crafts hobby projects up too.

My deviantart account: http://lokiisecretspyrofan.deviantart.com/

SO! Since coming back to uni I've gotten the same cold three times (new record), and made friends with the third years in the same flat. I even made a concept piece for Connor McKee's project pitch 'Worlds Away'.

I started out with some sketches to try and get some variation, so he could pick and choose which sort of thing he preferred most.

Concept 1:

Concept 2:

Concept 3:


Final Concept:


Final Concept on Photoshop (shaded for better foreground/background contrast):


Final Concept art:


The 'brief' was to make a cityscape to contrast with the softer natural forest/jungle scenes, so sharp, jagged points, dark tones and shadows, crowded atmosphere, as well as a more sunset fiery colour pallet. The main focus had to be a landing pad with mutliple exits, so in my piece I had the 'tunnels' and wiring beneath the landing pad lit up to draw the viewers eye to that section of the screen, while leaving enough space to fit in what I feel is a real cityscape skyline to contrast with the yellowish sky. I tried to make it seem like the main points of the city were built into immense industrial chimneys, with accomodations and other buldings built into the sides.

Overall I was extremely happy with the shapes, tone and overall atmosphere I achieved with this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment