Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Funny in 15 seconds

We were put into groups with other random people and told to make a short animation that'd make you laugh. Its only limitation? The animation has to be 15 seconds long.

Making something funny in 15 secs is hard, as in, painfully hard. You'd think it'd be simple but, well...its not.

In the end as a short the group agreed on making some characters on screen laugh (yes, we borrowed the idea from Despicable Me 2). We were given some feedback and in the end chose to change the idea to an army of something you wouldn't expect to break out into a fit of giggles.

We chose an army of killer robots.

Heres the initial animatic I made. I didn't add any details to the 'robots' at this point as the idea still needed approval and refinement.



I used free soundclips off the internet as well as some sound clips from the minion trailers off Despicable Me to give it the tone the group were after.

Since then, I designed the robots (a mixture of robots from Mass Effect, Portal, and R2D2) to get this:

Then I had to duplicate it onto seperate layers for a close up shot....


And then 25 layers later.... I had an army. I also detatched the heads of the first five layers onto seperate layers to make it easier for another member of our group to animate.


Thats... all I got for now, next step, animating and recording our own vocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment